What a week! We finished up our 10-day journey where we looked at 10 money-saving tips to help us stash $10,000!
Through each of those tips we freed up between $275 per month on the low side all the way up to $950 per month on the high side if you were able to maximize each of those tips! That’s a savings over this next year between $3,300 to $11,400!
Well, it’s another week in the books and it’s time for a quick tour. This Week in Personal Finance takes a look at interesting articles, posts and news from the past week in the personal finance arena.
So give these articles a click!
Don’t miss another post! Get Redeeming Riches delivered straight to your inbox!
- Matt Jabs from Debt Free Adventure shares his story of how he saved over $41,000 by refinancing!
- Kevin from Out of Your Rut asks a very pertinent question that usually elicits some heated debate – Is it better to build your savings or pay off debt!?
- Over at Len Penzo Dot Com there was some very interesting discussion going on regarding whether people should walk away from a mortgage if they cannot afford to make the house payment!
- In today’s economy it’s even more important to diversify your income sources – Five Cent Nickel offers up a great post via Matt Jabs on How and Why to Diversify Your Income.
- I love talking about retirement issues. Flexo over at Consumerism Commentary references a recent ING survey about retirement that had some pretty interesting stats. Flexo says he might need $3,000,000, but one-third of Americans believe they can retire on $250,000 or less.
- Jeff over at Deliver Away Debt might be the hardest working guy in the PF Blogosphere – dude delivers pizzas on the side to help knock out his debt, which is why he’ll need a guest post now and then. If you were a fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles growing up, you’ll like this post on fighting debt – TMNT style.
- Looking for a new job and getting ready for interviews? Check out some helpful tips and reminders on the art of the interview from Financial Samurai
- Is there such a thing as good debt? Take a look at what Kevin says over at Fiscal Geek!
R2 Around the Web
How Should We Help the Poor was included in Wealth Pilgrim’s Round Up
What is Your Motivation in Giving was included in the Carnival of Personal Finance #245.
Tip #8 in the 10 Money-Saving Tips Challenge was included in the Yakezie Alexa Challenge Carnival over at CJBowker.
Tip #7 in the 10 Money-Saving Tips Challenge was included in the I Love You Like a Blogger round up at Enemy of Debt
Is Money Your Functional Savior was included in the round up at Personal Finance by the Book
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!